After a very cool and foggy start to the day (and after quite a bit of rain over a half an inch), skies have competely cleared and temperatures have soared into the upper 60's in most if not all areas south of Route 6. Most areas north of Route 6 are still seeing temperatures in the fifties and cities such as Toledo haven't even hit 50 yet today! Currently in Antwerp, the temperature is steady right near 69 degrees, with Fort Wayne at a very warm 68. I can tell you this, these temperatures were a lot higher than what I was expecting earlier today. I actually thought that temperatures may not even hit 60 when I woke up this morning, the warm advection behind the warm front was so incredible and the mixing was so incredible, that temperatures were many degrees warmer than MOS guidance and computer models. It still does appear that thunderstorms will not form this afternoon, as the dry line is moving through right now, without initiating an convective development. Even with the weak to moderate surface based instability, thunderstorms still have not had a chance to form. After the cold front moves through, which will probably happen around 5 or 6 p.m., winds will continue to be strong for a little while longer before subsiding, as the upper level trough pivots through the area. Most if not all wrap around precipitation will hit north of the area, with some showers around the Michigan. As for the next couple of days, by Friday, another strong system will be located in the area, with heavy rain and severe weather all possible once again, including very warm temperatures. I will have more updates tomorrow on this storm.
No comments:
Post a Comment