Monday, October 24, 2011

Fair weather for Today and Tomorrow... but a big change is on the way!

Right now, as you can all see, it is very nice out, after a very wet and stormy morning, as temperatures have risen into the lower 60's for most areas, and sunny skies have persisted.  By tonight, I'm expecting that skies will remain clear as the the upper level shortwave has cleared the area, allowing for high pressure to build in.  Tonight, temperatures should drop into the upper 30's, but if you believe the computer models, they are keeping the low temperatures in the lower to middle 40's, which may be too high, as I don't think that warm air advection will occur as soon as the GFS model.  By tomorrow, due to quite a bit of warm air advection, I believe that temperatures will rise into the lower 70's, under partly to mostly sunny skies, making for a very comfortable day.  According to the computer models, the clouds and rain shouldn't arrive until later tomorrow evening, when showers and thunderstorms will arrive probably after 9 p.m.  These showers and thunderstorms will continue through the early morning hours and possibly into the morning rush hour.  After this I expect only showers to persist as the low pressure system moves well south of the area bringing with it the band of showers and thunderstorms.  On Wednesday, I expect only scattered showers with highs in the upper 50's.  At this time, this forecast may change quite drastically, as the rain may hold on longer than I am expecting.  By Thursday, temperatures will have dropped into the upper 40's, with showers and chilly conditions.  This will be the day to wear a heavy jacket, as it will feel like November.  Overnight, Thursday, temperatures will drop probably below freezing as a cold air mass takes its place in the Eastern and Central United States.  With this storm system, temperatures will probably drop to the coldest of the entire season.  According to some computer forecast models, a snowstorm may be in the forecast for our area by the end of this week and into the weekend.  This is a long way off, but it is still a possibility.  Stay tuned for forecast updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment