Some exciting news yet again. For all you snow lovers out there, another snow event is on the way, and if conditions all come together correctly, then expect some significant snow amounts. This discussion will be very brief for the time being, but I will give a few details. First off, two storm systems will be moving that will both bring the potential for accumulating snowfall. Second of all, these storm systems are originating from a very strong train of storms coming into the Pacific Northwest on the nose of a very powerful jet stream with winds of over 190 knots (219 mph!). This combined with cold surface air will create the potential for snowfall tomorrow morning and once again on Friday. Here's what I am expecting at this time. Tomorrow's snowfall will likely be in the range of 1-2 inches at most, mainly because this next storm isn't very strong and is doesn't have a whole lot of moisture to work with. For Friday's system, I am expecting much more significant snowfall amounts, with possibility of more than several inches to accumulate.
No comments:
Post a Comment